What we do echos in eternity.
PHOLA was established to provide targeted culturally sensitive therapies to address the effects of trauma, violence and abuse in the lives of those affected.
Interventions seek to facilitate healing and recovery assisting those affected to live preferred lives and to be enabled to claim their rights and become agents of social change in their own lives and families and communities..
- To promote healthy emotional, cognitive, social, spiritual and moral development in children, women and their families and communities
- To design and develop culturally appropriate mental health and psychosocial methodologies and tools in partnership with those affected by hardships and trauma
- To provide mobile mental health and trauma counselling services especially to those affected especially children, women and girls through schools and other community structures
- To train and build the capacity of mental health and psychosocial practitioners in providing effective therapy, counselling and support to survivors of trauma and abuse drawing from indigenous knowledges and skills
- To establish a respite home/safe house for women and children experiencing significant abuse and a violation of their rights